Friday, July 5, 2013

The 4th of July.

The 4th of July is always one of my favorite holidays. It's that time of year when summer is in full swing, and I don't know there is just something nostalgic and fun about it. This was a different kind of 4th of July for us, we usually spend it with my family here in Sacramento and take the boat out on the river. But since my family is in Maui this week (Thanks for the invite! Rude.). We thought it would be perfect to adventure in our new little city together. I made a simple festive breakfast in the morning. Then when afternoon rolled around we had cocktails on the porch. (The lemonade I made was amazing! I will try to put the recipe on here this week). Then we attempted to ride the light rail to Raley Field, a local  minor league baseball field about 5 miles from our house. Well that was easier said than done. We ended up walking about half the way there. Oh, and when we got there at 4 we realized the festivities didn't start until 6... oops... Oh well, it gave us an excuse to walk across the bridge ,have dinner & drinks in Old Town Sacramento, and figure out this place a little more. The fireworks were beautiful, and we actually walked the whole way home talking about every restaurant we wanted to try and the things we wanted to do. It was a great 4th!



No comments:

Post a Comment