Tuesday, May 14, 2013

At home | Styling a little corner.

Today, I am sharing a little corner of our apartment. I love decorating our home, it really is our favorite place. I also love small spaces, because it challenges your creativity and always adds an element of coziness. This little corner is ever changing, I think with design and decor the job is never truly finished. With decorating you can always get inspired to re-arrange or completely restyle the look you want to achieve. I know I have been guilty of this over the years, but was mostly working on achieving a style that fit our personalities (Okay, its a little girlie but in defense Stephen does have his own man cave/office and never has said anything about the decor... Yup, another reason why he was meant for me).  I am by no means a professional when it comes to design and decor, yet it is a passion of mine. Our home's style is one that I can't really define, I would say it's a mix of neutral, cozy, eclectic, and glam. I love keeping the large furniture pieces neutral, and then adding in color with little accents.


Some of my favorite books that double as decor.
PS. You can't see my almost dying peony in this photo, but I encourage everyone to stop by Trader Joe's this week and pick up a bouquet. Fresh flowers ALWAYS brighten up the house.
 
These shelves are still in the works, like pretty much every area of our apartment.
When styling shelves, I usually start with a focal point or something in the center and then add or collect items to go around it. These shelves I kept simple, but the possibilities are endless.

Get the look here:
 
 
 

1.Linen Hayden Chair
2. Similar sequin pillow here, and here
 3. Succulents add the perfect touch of green, and are easy to care for. Here is a tutorial on how to plant your own.
 4. Rife Paper Co. | Los Angeles print
5. The ceramic stag head was purchased at Target during the holiday season, but you can purchase a similar one here
6. Similar Mirrored frames from Z Gallerie
8. I bought this coral ombre throw recently at Target, West Elm also has similar colors


3 comments: